top of page

AB 104 Pass/No Pass

AB104 was signed into law on July 1, 2021. Under AB 104, parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in high school during the 2020-21 school year may request to have a letter grade earned for a course changed to a Pass or No Pass on the student’s transcript. Please note the change cannot negatively impact the student’s GPA.

If you or your child was enrolled in Brookfield Engineering Science Technology (B.E.S.T.) Academy for the 2020-2021 school year in Grades 9-12, and you would like to request grade change(s), please complete this form and email it to James Mays at by September 10, 2021. 


If you are interested in viewing a list of postsecondary institutions that have affirmed they will accept a transcript with Pass/No Pass for admission purposes, please visit the California Department of Education website for more information as CDE posted this list on its website under AB 104.


Please note that some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If you have any questions, please reach out to James Mays at or (833) 619-2378.

bottom of page